I am Victoria Matey, an event planner turned event consultant, author, speaker, and content creator.
I have been bringing an independent perspective to event strategy, design, and content for the past 16 years. My specialty is applying scientific findings on human behavior and psychology to event design. Using behavioral science tools and knowledge, I help create more influential and memorable event experiences.
I teach and speak about the psychology of events, strategic event planning, and other topics. My past speaking engagements include IMEX America, MPI, EventMB and a number of other events. I’m the author of the book ’10 principles of Strategic Event Planning’. Recently, I developed the first online course on creating powerful events using research-based insights: Event Psychology Lab.
I received Ford Foundation IFP Fellowship, and IFP Alumni Award (2018), was named a Top 100 Smart Woman in Meetings by Smart Meetings and 2018 ChangeMaker by MeetingsNet. I hold an MSc in International Events Management from University of Surrey.
I provide science-based solutions for your event challenges.
Event Psychology consulting, training, and education • Event Review • Thought leadership content
WHAT I DO
Individual and Team Training and Education
- Event Psychology Workshops and Training for event teams. This unique session is designed to give your team actionable solutions to the specific challenges they face in event planning, based on behavioral research.
- Event Psychology Lab. An on-demand online course that will provide you with low-cost, high-impact strategies for improving event experiences and gaining competitive advantage. (Free preview and enroll here).
Consulting and Event Review for Event Planners and Industry Partners
- An in-depth review of the concept, design, and content of your event. It includes optional on-site/online observation (aka ‘secret attendee’) and an Event Sticky Notes™ report.
- Recommendations on specific aspect(s) of your event or suggestions to refresh the format.
Thought leadership content, Speaking and Collabs
- Reports, opinion articles, guest blogs. You can find my thought leadership content on EventMB, Smart Meetings magazine, Meetings Mean Business, and others. I am also a Forbes contributor.
- Available for speaking engagements. I specialize in Event Psychology and Strategic Event Planning, but I am not limited to those topics.
- I collaborate on a variety of projects ranging from content advisory boards to certification programs to event tech products. I can work as a part of your team or as an external partner for your project. My carefully curated social networks also make me an excellent influencer marketing partner.
For more details about my services, please see Work with me
CONTACTS: firstname.lastname@example.org / @MateyEvents